[ExI] toxins - was the truth about neonicotinoids

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 01:56:47 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:39 AM Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Be very careful with this argument. It could be used to criminalize
> all sorts of lifestyles that could conceivably damage health,
> including action sports and sexual promiscuity. Better live-and
> -let-live if you ask me. I leave you in peace and you leave me in peace.

Yes, the knee-jerk libertarian response to this should always be the people shouldn't be forced to pay for other people's life choices in the first place -- and not to curtail life choices. Again, that approach -- arguing we pay for people's healthcare so we should then dictate their life choices -- is not libertarian. It's authoritarian.

> By the way, Adolf Hitler was very much against smokers, drinkers
> and fat people.

I don't want to stoop to using an argumentum ad hitlerum, but I recall flipping through a book on the Nazi war on cancer around 02000. I've never bought a copy of it, but see:

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/6573.html

If you don't want to read the book, see this more recent article in _The Atlantic_:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/07/the-nazis-forgotten-anti-smoking-campaign/373766/

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: