[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:58:23 UTC 2017

Hi Clark,

The single binding neuron, like glutamate, is just a simplified
theoretical (i.e. testable) theory that will surely can be easily proven
wrong.  It simply represents a required functional part of
consciousness, what is required to make very complex compost qualitative
experiences.  We are aware of all of the diversity, all at the same time
as one composite experience.  When people do a traditional neural
substitution, they end up removing this required critical functionality,
causing all the hard problems. The single neuron represents any
theoretically possible way of binding all possible elemental qualities
into the diverse composite qualitative picture of the world we
experience.  If you include whatever accomplishes this, however you may
theorized it could be possible, in the neuro substitution,  you will not
have any hard (as in impossible) problems emerge, and everyone will
know, via subjective and objective observation what is going on at every
step of the neuro substitution.

Brent