[ExI] left vs right RE: Universal basic capital was Re: Universal basic income

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:34:11 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:13 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, if human labour becomes a negligible part of the means of
> production, then a BIG becomes essential to enable humans to purchase
> the robot produced goods and services. Really, without human work
> being involved I'm not sure that the term capitalism still applies.
> And if there are only BIG wages left to tax, that gives governments
> the problem of finding the money to provide BIG in the first place.

### This is completely incorrect. AI does not directly reduce the returns
to labor, it merely greatly increases the returns to capital.

Capitalism is the system with private control of means of production, so
yes, a system without human work based solely on return to capital, as in
the robot economy, is capitalist, in fact it's capitalism on steroids.

Government taxes both capital and labor and in the booming robot economy
these greedy Washington bloodsuckers will have no problem finding enough
victims to provide money for their nefarious schemes.

Rafal