[ExI] GOV _ TRUMP

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 15:54:39 UTC 2017

Libertarianism is on the Far Left.
>> I question whether John ever was a libertarian in any meaningful sense.

​A better way to think about these things is to visualize two dimensions:
 one going left to right (conservative - liberal), and one running up and
down (authoritarian​ - libertarian).  I like the one at politicalcompass.org

Another issue:  there is no such thing as a one size fits all philosophy.
If we have not learned anything from the past few years, it's that adhering
strictly to one position, like the tea party, is destructive of normal
compromise and give and take.  Radical anything is not going to work.

I also agree with John - just say what you believe and leave labels out of
it.  One of my sons thought he was conservative most of his life, and he
found out that he espoused more liberal ideas than conservative - and he
resented it in a way.  I teased him about being a liberal and he got mad!

Mental problems are so varied that many in the field think that the old
labels, like psychotic and neurotic, are just not nearly sufficient and
want to get away from labels entirely, as they confuse more than they
elucidate.

Any label tends to be an overgeneralization.  As for the two dimensions
above?  They are not adequate either.

bill w