[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:02:03 UTC 2017

John wrote: if intelligent zombies exist but consciousness produces no
observable effects then I can never find evidence contradicting the theory
that John K Clark is the only conscious being in the universe.  ​

> ​> ​
>> Just a reminder:  every input to our brain is unconscious before it is
>> conscious
>>

> ​How do I know that?

You know the latter because that's what the neurologists say.

Aside from the automatic processes like digestion, what if EVERY observable
effect is the result of the conscious mind?  Then if you observe actions
similar to yours in others, then they were produced by consciousness as a
matter of definition (which we still haven't agreed upon)

bill w