[ExI] Fish in space

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 07:40:17 UTC 2017

On Mar 19, 2017 1:41 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

Mike do you agree the turbulence of the water inside the tire would settle
down once we are at steady freeway speed?

My intuition says no.  I don't have any confidence my intuition is correct.

If you had frictionless water and internal tire surface, maybe.  Doesn't
the difference between the inner and outer diameter cause coriolis effects
in the fluid?  Ok, they might not be strong enough to puree the fish... but
maybe that's what caused the spiral swimming in your first experiment.

If that is the confounding factor,  are you next going to construct the
fish version of a pilot's suit and astronaut chair?

What drugs do we have too much or too little of that this is how we spend
our time?