[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 21:38:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017  Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> As I asked before, you'd have to do a little more analysis, such as
> looking at historical rates of longevity.

​The USA has gone backward. In 1960 the USA had the 16th longest lived
people, in 2015 they had the 31th longest lived.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/history-of-life-expectancy.​

> ​>​
> you wouldn't want to bet people's lives on just taking a statistic out of
> context, would you?

​The average cost verses average ​life expectancy is not a
out of context
​ statistic, and yes I'd bet my life on that.​

> ​> ​
> Have you also looked at nations that have shorter than the US life
> expectancy to see if they all don't have single payer systems?

​What could we learn from that? You'd expect countries that spend less on
healthcare would have shorter lived citizens
​,​
and every country in the world spends less than the USA, the
​big ​
surprise is the 30 countries that spend significantly less but live longer,
and it is from them we should look. ​

​> ​
> I'd also be careful of accusing people of being emotionally attached or
> ideologically driven when they disagree with you.

​Be honest Dan, if the 30 single payer countries I mentioned spent twice as
much on healthcare as the USA and yet their citizens had shorted lives than
the USA would you be complaining about
 sampling errors
​ and​
​ ​