[ExI] tabby's star dimming again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun May 21 21:00:23 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> What if they don't have their exhaust pointed along the
>> galactic plane. That seems to make sense from an interplanetary security
>> stand point.

If Tabby ET is trying to hide he's not doing a very good job because we're
talking about him, but why would he
​
even
​
try to hide? What could Tabby have that another alien civilization wants to
steal that they couldn't get on their own far far easier?

> ​> ​
> Furthermore, like you mentioned, perhaps they have some ingenious
> ​ ​
>
> technology that enables them to harness heat energy too. If their
> thermodynamic efficiency approached 1.0 then

Then ET has managed to break the second law of thermodynamics. If you asked
me which law of physics that we currently believe to true I am most
confident Mr. Jupiter Brain would still say is true in the year million I'd
say the second law of thermodynamics
​
.It's not obviously absurd that the law of conservation of mass or energy
or momentum or electrical charge could turn out to be untrue someday, but
if the second law is wrong then it would mean there are more ways to be
organized than disorganized,
​
it would mean there are more ways
​
small
​
amount of information
​
can describe something than ways a
​large​
 amount of information can,
​
and that, unlike a violation of the conservation laws,
​
isn't just unphysical it's
​
logically paradoxical.

And besides, ​if you're going to invoke fundamental new physics to explain
a puzzling phenomena what's the point of ET? Get rid of the useless middle
man!

 John K Clark

​