[ExI] ?What would ?Kim Jong-un? do??

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 2 00:32:22 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:20 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] ?What would ?Kim Jong-un? do??

My biggest worry …I'm sure they would be in favor of nullifying the election results too if they don't go their way regardless of what the Constitution says.

John K Clark

Regardless of what even the majority wants, the constitution is still the law.  That’s why the US is not a democracy, it’s a democratic republic.

But what if the current admin is behind in the polls, his opponent is Tarkined, there is no indication the campaign had anything to do with it, the current admin wins by a hair?  There is no redo mechanism in the constitution, so the result stands.  But the majority would consider it illegitimate.

Then what?

We saw Rogue One.  We know it can be done, we know there is enormous motive.  So what can we do?