[ExI] Maximum Jailbreak, and the legacy of Stephen Hawking Message-ID:

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 06:43:36 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 6:08 PM William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> adrian wrote -   Oil would
> have to be synthesized - but it is unlikely that automobiles as we
> know them on Earth would be in as much demand, so much less oil would be needed too.
>
> What about the asteroid belt?  Isn't it the remains of a planet, or thought to be?  If so, life might have developed on it and so some remains could have oil.  That would be a discovery to top them all.

It would, and while what we know about the asteroids does not 100%
preclude the possibility, it seems rather unlikely.  For one, if it is
the remains of a planet, it was probably shattered long enough ago
that it did not have enough time to develop the kind of life that
becomes oil.