[ExI] housing again, was RE: sex again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 19:16:15 UTC 2019

Adrian, I cannot tell from your answers just what tech has reduced, to use
Spike's word, as a household need.

Certainly a hot water heater and a shower have eliminated having a big
washtub and a wood fire to heat the water, but you need a lot more
plumbing, and money.  A dryer has reduced the need to hang clothes on racks
in front of the fireplace at a greater cost (I assume we are ignoring
increased costs).  A dishwasher has reduced labor.  Electric kitchen
gadgets have reduced labor.  Entertainments systems have reduced the need
to get in the buggy and drive to town.  Air conditioners have reduced the
labor of fanning yourself by hand.  Modern insulation has reduced the need
to save newspaper to stuff in cracks.  I'd better quit.  Note that all of
the modern stuff is now regarded as needs, not wants.  What women would
move in without all of the above - and more?
bill w

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <