[ExI] Chalmers

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 23:54:16 UTC 2019

The question I'd love to ask Mr.Chalmers is, how would things be different
if consciousness were NOT an illusion  john clark

I think that's kinda my question.  If it is an illusion, then what is the
real thing?  What is it that is being distorted?  Many years ago I heard
that philosophers had argued about how many angels could dance on the head
of a pin.  It was presented as a true story, which I really doubted at the
time.  Now I know that even if it were not a true story it could easily
have been true.  Perhaps it is philosophy itself is an illusion and what is
being distorted is reality, which they cannot seem to admit exists.  What a
way to get tenure and a cushy job.

bill w

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 4:52 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <