[ExI] The Thirty Meter Telescope is now officially dead

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 06:18:36 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019, 23:53 SR Ballard via extropy-chat <

> I don’t understand why you are completely unwilling to take people’s
> feelings into account. Failing to do that is a major component of the
> resistance to science. Pure logic does not get the majority of people to
> change their opinion, personal emotional appeals do that.
>
> The failure of yourself and people like you to understand the emotions at
> play are a HUGE part of anti-science sentiment. The other factor is
> ignorance.
>
> You are doing nothing but boring us by repeating something we already know
> you believe. Why say it again? What good does it do? You, also, are being
> overly emotional.
>
> Why should the Hawaiian protesters allow anything if they feel the person
> (people / system) doing it to them is not respecting them? I wouldn’t allow
> a doctor to study me or a teacher to tutor me if they disrespected me.
>
> SR Ballard

Chance that solipsism-bot John gives this any thought: 0%, unless you count
the thought it takes to snip a quote of yours out of context and reply to
it.

SUCH AS:

"The failure of yourself and people like you to understand the emotions at
play are a HUGE part of anti-science sentiment. The other factor is
ignorance."

Response:

"If we're talking about ignorance, I can't think of much worse than those
who are so ignorant of the cosmos that they deny us the ability to view it
because of some moronic ancient superstition! (P.S. I ignored your entire
post LOL rekt!!!!)"

John is the biggest troll on the list but he got trolled by ancient
Hawaiian religious beliefs.  Lol btfo git gud