[ExI] I see pitchforks.

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 22:20:10 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 5:30 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> just when were pitchforks employed?

I was thinking of the 1931 movie Frankenstein, perhaps Nick Hanauer, the
billionaire who mentioned pitchforks, was thinking of that too. I may be a
little hazy on my history but that movie was a documentary ... wasn't it?

> Even if you can cite some examples, I'd still say that our era is unique
> and you can't predict anything accurately from history.

I agree this is a unique time in history but I am supremely confident one
thing remains true, exponential trends never continue indefinitely. It all
comes down to choosing to make a intelagent decision on how the
accelerating wealth gap should end or doing nothing and relying on luck to
make the decision for us. And that reminds me of another movie and
something Dirty Harry said:

*"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?'  Well, do ya,
punk?"*

John K Clark