[ExI] Do you still think I'm paranoid?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 01:36:13 UTC 2019

On May 6, 2019, at 5:15 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 7:44 PM Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Trump floats the idea of delaying the election by 2 years
>>
>> > I would call you less paranoid than monomaniacal. ;) How likely do you believe he’ll get his way?
>
> I honestly don't know if Trump will become a dictator, but I think there is a pretty good chance he will try, and 53% of Republicans would be OK with it if he did.

Given that Republicans make up only around  24% of US voters, that means they simply won’t have enough support.

> The Republican party is now the de-facto fascist party of the USA.  And even a failed attempt would be a nightmare of a sort not seen since the early 1860s.
>
> 52% of Republicans would support postponing 2020 election

Note that that story is from 2017. Let’s look at something I recall seeing a few years back:

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286105-majority-of-democrats-want-third-term-for-obama

How one frames these questions and who gets asked plays a big role in what kind of scary answer you get. (I saw a recent informal online poll asking if Arabic numerals should be taught in school. Imagine how that section of the populace which is unaware of where standard numerals in the West came from reacted. ;)

In my view, both parties are fascist in many ways, especially accepting fascist economic and monetary policies and an aggressive militant foreign policy. (A running joke is where folks say they’re glad Hillary isn’t president else the US would be have troops in Syria and all over Africa plus would be supporting the Saudis in Yemen.

The problem with US mainstream politics is it’s so far to the Right in many issues: crime, war, immigration, zoning, recreational drugs,  etc. Failure to admit this and merely myopically focusing on who's in the Oval Office now is most of the problem. Will you at least admit that the US would be much better off with far less executive power regardless of who’s in office?

Anyhow, I wouldn’t panic just yet. And panicking here is extremely unlikely to do anything about it. Yeah, I think we all know how you feel about Trump by now.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst