[ExI] it's your choice

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Apr 3 18:06:23 UTC 2020

On 03/04/2020 18:22, spike wrote:
> I recommend that people do one of those DNA tests.  If you are concerned
> with privacy, I can explain how to do those where the identity of the DNA
> cannot be determined.

Spike, how can that possibly work?

We can't edit our DNA sample so as to only provide a set of sequences,
and not the rest.

And your DNA /is/ your identity, how can it not be?

Anyone who claims that they can 'anonymise' your DNA sample is probably
lying, or even worse, doesn't understand what they are saying.

The attachment of conventional identifiers like name, address, age,
etc., is trivial compared to the DNA itself, which is the best
identifier there could ever be.

There are way better biologists than me on this list. Can any of them
demonstrate that I'm wrong here?

--
Ben Zaiboc