[ExI] Unemployment

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 5 14:52:12 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] Unemployment

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 9:56 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> The second amendment preserves itself (and the other rights.) Note that war has been fought on American soil twice, and the good guys won both times.

>…I don't think the tens of millions of Americans with no jobs and no money and no way to pay for a ventilator as they watch their wife gasping for breath are the good guys or the bad guys, I think they are the desperate guys, desperate guys with plenty of guns. But I have a somewhat more concrete idea of where to place certain frequenters to Mar-A-Lago along the moral spectrum.  John K Clark

Using a gun to rob a hospital of a ventilator: hmmm, I don’t think that is a high-risk scenario.  At some point however, the popularity of the political blame game might decline.

I do hope some here will take the ten minutes to view this video.  Of all the notions I have seen, this one appears to be the most credible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU&feature=youtu.be> &feature=youtu.be

It suggests that China is the bad guy, but if you can get past that, he raises some very interesting questions.