[ExI] The USA is number one!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 12 22:35:29 UTC 2020

Actually, to China, public relations is more important than truth…

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/08/803766743/critics-say-china-has-suppressed-and-censored-information-in-coronavirus-outbrea lists some of the evidence, but that hasn't stopped China from just claiming whatever… Adrian

>From the article:

Those restrictions were put to the test on Friday after the death of Dr. Li Wenliang, one of the eight whistleblowers reprimanded by police for warning others about a mysterious pneumonialike disease in December. Less than 90 minutes after his  <https://www.npr.org/2020/02/06/803523981/coronavirus-whistleblower-dies-from-the-disease-in-china> death on Friday morning, the hashtag "I want freedom of speech" was  <https://twitter.com/muyixiao/status/1225526482497343489?s=20> trending on Weibo, a popular Chinese blogging site, with nearly 2 million posts. The posts were gone by sunrise…

It’s 5 am in China right now, but many people did not sleep tonight — hashtag “I want freedom of speech” started to trend on Weibo from 1 am and now has nearly 2 million views.  <https://t.co/CA6lqy4ey2> pic.twitter.com/CA6lqy4ey2

— Muyi Xiao (@muyixiao)  <https://twitter.com/muyixiao/status/1225526482497343489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw> February 6, 2020

Thanks for that reminder Adrian.  The Chinese do not have freedom of speech.  That which we take for granted is a fond hope for them, a dream.  The government controls the message there.