[ExI] The USA is number one!

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:54:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:13 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

if things were 50 times worse in China than what they claim that would mean
>> that even when everybody was under strict quarantine, much stricter than
>> anything seen in the west, the epidemic would still be raging at a rate not
>> seen since medieval times, so when they stop the quarantine to restart
>> their economy the epidemic would very quickly escalate to Stephen King
>> levels never seen before on this planet, and their huge economy would be
>> permanently destroyed. The idea you could keep something that
>> astronomically huge secret from the world is absolutely ridiculous
>>

> *You truly believe that China has ~89K total cases despite THEIR
> mishandling of the initial crisis and attempted cover ups*

The Chinese shamefully tried to cover up and minimize things in the early
days so the real numbers may be higher than that, but if they were 50 times
higher as Spike says, 50 times higher even with the strictest quarantine in
the world, then when they went back to normal, opened up and tried to
restart the economy, there would be a biological supernova and well..., you
tell me how they could keep a billion or so deaths and zero exports a
secret. They're totalitarians not omnipotent Gods.

John K Clark