[ExI] The USA is number one!

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:12:28 UTC 2020

John-

I'm not sure that your assertion is actually ironclad.   Let's suppose they
were 50 times higher.  As Spike pointed out, that would assume roughly
4,450,000 infected, many of them asymptomatic based on numbers out of
Iceland.  This would imply somewhere around ~50K deaths give or take
depending on which IFR you are assuming.   It is certainly within the CCP's
abilities to cover up the difference between the real death number and the
reported one if the numbers above held true.

Their aggressive quarantine would likely have led to the same pattern of
spread we're seeing in Italy and Spain where extreme social distancing is
pointing to CV burning out there.  Both are over the hump based on current
data.

I'm not suggesting they were entirely unsuccessful with containing it, just
that it is extremely likely the real numbers during containment were WAY
higher than reported before it was burned out for the most part.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 1:01 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <