[ExI] ccp struggles

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 04:15:02 UTC 2020

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 10:11, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > *On Behalf Of *Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>
> There are Americans who will argue Americans’ civil rights can be
> rescinded at the government’s whim, but those will all have a common
> characteristic: they have not exercised their right to be armed.
>
> >…Even in America, the right to bear arms is not accompanied by a right to
> shoot Government officials if you disagree with them, which is what would
> be needed. The arms can be legally used by citizens for hunting, target
> practice and self-defence, and illegally used for homicide or rebellion.
>
> -- Stathis Papaioannou
>

> Hi Stathis,
>

> Of course.  I am in full agreement.  The right to bear arms is never for
> shooting US government officials, for they are on our side.  Any former
> government official who does not uphold the constitution and American civil
> rights clearly stated therein is no longer a US government official.  The
> military is on our side too: the militias, the military, the US government
> and I all agree on this.

If a policeman tries to arrest you for something that you think is
unconstitutional, you don’t have the right to shoot him, or even threaten
to shoot him. You will likely be punished if you shoot him or threaten to
shoot him even if it is subsequently agreed in court (in a case separate
from your criminal trial) that the policeman was acting on laws that were
unconstitutional.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou