[ExI] ccp struggles

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 14 16:22:34 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 8:06 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] ccp struggles

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 9:44 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> John, starting out a post with the comment “…Regardless of what the Constitution says…” is not a good way to develop credibility.

Why the hell not?!

Because the Constitution is the law of our land.  When you repudiate the ConUS, you repudiate our legal system, which is why we need a militia.

> Have you visited a gun shop and made some kind of survey in which you inquired regarding the customers’ gender and age?

>…No I have not…

You should, John.  It is educational.  Visit the local firing range too.  Talk and listen there.

> The framers had just survived a bitter struggle against tyranny with only muzzle-loading flintlocks.

>…Then why does Joe Redneck need anything more…

For protection against those who treat the militia with disrespect and contempt.

Note the second amendment doesn’t say what arms are necessary, only that a militia is necessary to the security of a free state.  I live in a free state.  I agree with the constitution.  John do you agree with the constitution?  If not, I agree with it enough for the both of us, with change left over.

>… And you didn't answer my question, are there any limits or does the second amendment allow Walmart to sell H-Bombs?

I don’t know that this has come to the Supreme Court, but I can imagine they would say it is the states’ call.  As far as I know, Walmart has never had H-Bomb in its catalog.

>…And you didn't answer my other question either, if the crackpot militias and a modern professional army are really on the same side then why on earth do we need the redneck's shotgun?

We don’t need the redneck’s shotgun.  If you wish to take up with the neck of color why she needs her shotgun, then do go right ahead.  Good chance she will tell you it is to hunt ducks and protect her from people like you.  Fortunately we don’t need to know why we need the neck of color’s shotgun.

By the way John, how much free speech do you need?  Do you need high capacity free speech?  Or can the government put a legal limit on your words, and the type of words you use?  I like my free speech and I do not wish for government people telling me how many words and which words I can use.

>…The only well regulated militias in the US are the National Guard, the Navy Militia, and 23 state militias…

You left out the unorganized militia, which is none of the above.  You were part of the unorganized militia for 28 years:

10 U.S. Code § 246.Militia: composition and classes

*          <https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246#tab_default_1> U.S. Code

*          <https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246#tab_default_2> Notes

prev |  <https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/247> next

(a)

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in  <https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/32/313> section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)The classes of the militia are—

(1)

the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2)

the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

>… Most of the others are crackpots and are not regulated at all, the 2 largest are the  Oath Keepers <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Keepers>   and the Three Percenters <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters> , neither one exactly gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, in fact I'd trust them about as far as I could comfortably spit out a rat…  John K Clark

No worries, John, you don’t give them a warm and fuzzy feeling either, and they don’t trust you as far as they could spit a rat.  They exist to protect you and to protect themselves if you attack them.  However, they are peaceful types.  None of the murders in the worst hotspots are carried out by these organizations.  If they were the problem, we would know.