[ExI] new theory

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Apr 17 19:47:38 UTC 2020

With the recent surge in chatter here, and since there aren’t that many of us left, I propose relaxing guidelines on number of posts per day.  We instituted that back in the 90s when there were a coupla hundred regular posters.  Now it is down to the usual suspects, about a dozen.  I propose we all just post away.

Stanford did a study which suggests there is waaaay more Covid-19 exposure than we previously thought.  My doctor contacted and wants me to come in for testing when the quarantine is over.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=be77753b5f9c509cb865d14fbdaf97eeb78e11d5-1587139595-0-AWIUFx6wN0uXOvkl2GvKJJc-Ig8sPLjxRzO454lTi9KpWYjKbxnVGQzEHGD9bYZUKYUUOdrfRQ_wQREzNDVmpdEWVIZYt6UTI9m_LD7byikYQA-loXE677ZRO1gHfKAz7mccB9JD5q3Y8YVehLtYCxNulZzxgq75-rzgoHZ2Heyj5PDAftyTcJ9j-gS_9XvqhP1w_lcrCrvVy9EM4vDfOYSqAiDYODT4O2PXN776dtAuibDok5gMCdzZYcCoRi69cdjoFoqV7X4-dhUOTFhjUA5EzGIOpkN7fsqrkufnBv0pOXqb3nOUoVRFDs5ZdBzO9w_yicdwyhIdvht3lBZyMgA

I was very sick in December with viral pneumonia and they didn’t know what it was.  I landed in the hospital.  It was most unpleasant, but afterwards I self-quarantined, a long time before anyone heard of Covid.  I assumed it was the worst damn flu I have ever had by an order of magnitude.

We have a lot of regular travelers to and from China in the area.  In retrospect, it is very possible that I had Covid-19.  It took me four weeks to feel better, and about seven weeks before I really felt completely back to normal.  If so, it would agree with what Stanford U found.