[ExI] Mr Rogers (was More die of heart attacks during sex than died of shock when Forrest Gump won best picture

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Apr 19 17:35:01 UTC 2020

On Sun, April 19, 2020 13:09, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> If you are a Tom Hanks fan, do catch Mr. Rogers.  I would say that
> is his best work, and is saying a lot in his case.
>
> spike
>
> *My kids loved Mr Rogers.  I thought he was smarmy at the least.  Did not
> make me literally sick, but it was a close thing.  I vastly preferred
> Sesame Street*.  bill w

My kids also loved Mr Rogers.  I was grateful for the low key
presentation.  IMHO there was too much hype in most of the TV programs,
and Mr Rogers simply did not have that.  It was quiet and calm, friendly
and ... sometimes rather dull.   (Sesame Street was more exciting/fun, I
agree.)

Now I am seeing much hype in the programs my grands watch on their
tablets.  The action is so fast I'm not sure the kids get a chance to
think it through.

My son has had the grands at home now for a month (while also working from
home), and he's not at all sure that they'll be glad to go back to
daycare.  I asked if they were better behaved now, and he said, well, in
some ways.  They're less wound up.

Regards,
MB