[ExI] shops opening

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:33:49 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:09 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <

*> ### The press is mostly left-wing, which usually means authoritarian and
> they followed that impulse when they wholeheartedly supported the recent
> mass house arrests. Now they experience powerful cognitive dissonance when
> they see reports that imply the justification for lockdowns, "flattening
> the curve", was very misguided. So they attack the country that didn't join
> in the stampede into mass incarceration and showed us a better way. *

Since April 7 COVID-19 has been the leading cause of death in the USA,
beating cancer and stroke and heart disease and everything else. Stampedes
are not always a bad thing, it seems to me the prospect of mass death would
be a very good reason to start a mass stampede.

COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death in the United States
<https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-leading-cause-of-death.html>

John K Clark