[ExI] Atheism again

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:50:28 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020, 13:40 John Clark via extropy-chat <

> I hope you're right and nobody around here cares about a omnipotent
> omniscient being that created the universe, I can't prove the idea is wrong
> but I can prove the idea is silly.

To the contrary, Bostrom has shown just how probable this scenario is.

However--even not in a simulation--I believe that reality requires an
ultimate contingency.  The big bang has a reason, and that has a reason,
and so does that.  The only way to rationalize these infinitely recurring
causes is to assume said contingency, which I would call God.  Even a
simulator's world may have the some argument attached to it.  So if reality
is an endless series of creators--what's the difference?  The creative
force is God