[ExI] No gods, no meaning?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 10:34:39 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 6:46 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <

*> I'm currently writing a book on the science of the soul. There is much
> that we can glean about the soul just using science. There is scientific
> support for many ideas that one would typically assume fall into the sphere
> of religion. For example: eternal life, immortality, reincarnation,
> afterlives, divine union, the immateriality of the soul and its distinction
> from the body.*

I'm not sure what "divine union" means but all those other ideas are not
incompatible with information as Claude Shannon described the word. But
there are important differences too, the soul can't be duplicated but
information can be, and the inner workings of the soul can never be
understood but information  can be, in fact information is the only thing
that can be understood.

John K Clark