[ExI] next county

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:34:52 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020, 10:16 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <

> I disagree that the pandemic isn't an opportunity. It's not an opportunity
> we wanted, but it's here nonetheless. We're finding new and better ways to
> do things that we previously lacked the motivation to do: like remote
> work/learning and virtual meetings. This may be a crisis to people in the
> disrupted fields but nobody is insured against change. The pandemic is
> making some things change faster than they would otherwise but the end
> result is that we'll be doing things more efficiently/safely in the future
> as a result.

I don't have much else to add, but needed to reply to "+1" this sentiment.

I wish people could stop trying to "go back to work" and figure out how we
can "go forward to work" - but as succinct as it seems, inertia is very
difficult to overcome.