[ExI] a little fun for a saturday morning

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:08:35 UTC 2020

On Aug 15, 2020, at 9:08 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> That Abba video is evidence for SR and the other younger ones among us of how things really were in the olden days.  Sure, we dressed very weird, and it was rather unpleasant to live under the constant threat of total nuclear annihilation and utter fiery destruction of everything we cared about and worked for our entire lives.

I imagine that the fear was more abstract. I mean you didn’t literally wake up every morning wondering if the missiles were on the way, did you?

> But other than that…the 70s were a lotta fun.
>
> Today we have been stumped by a question of how one could know if one is actually an avatar, a simulation, “living” in some kind of simulated world in some meta-computer.  We seem so tripped by that question, but Abba offers a really good clue.  If anyone can watch that video and fail to laugh out loud, or perhaps tap a toe, get some hip action going, bust a disco move or two… then, well, that’s pretty good evidence you are an AI.  And you heart subroutine is buggy.

Why couldn’t an AI have those features too?

> The 70s were fun.  I was there.  I do remember it, fondly.

For me, the similar decade would be the late 1990s to the mid-2000s. But I wouldn’t want to go back.

https://youtu.be/WCNQ2mc_Zzc

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at: