[ExI] Everett worlds

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 18:07:07 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 11:01 AM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <

*> All actions are determined,*

Maybe maybe not, there is no law of logic that demands every effect have a
cause.

> *> but the ones that are said to be done freely are determined by
> different factors from the ones that are said to be done accidentally*

If all actions are determined then nothing is accidental.

> or under duress.

So people have free will if they are able to do what they want to do, and
thus people rarely have free will. I am under the duress of gravity so I
can't fly by flapping my arms although I'd like to, it sounds like it would
be fun.

John K Clark