[ExI] did sweden accidentally achieve herd immunity?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:34:28 UTC 2020

Yep.  Until 2006 and a Bush commission the Swedish approach has been considered the most rational approach for dealing with a pandemic.  That has been so since WWII.  In 2006 the computer modelers won the day and got lockdown on the official list of possible responses.  But note we did not do that for the Swine Flu pandemic of 2009.    Mass lockdowns and such were frowned upon for major panicking of population and huge potential hit on economy.  It was believed, I think rightly, that lockdowns widen, deepen and prolong the misery.