[ExI] four years ago?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 20:00:23 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 12:42 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > *On Behalf Of *Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] four years ago?
>

> On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 7:50 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <
>
>  I am very surprised this escaped my attention for four years:
>
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuralink
>
>  I have been thinking about this sorta thing most of my life, then it
> quietly starts up nearby, four years ago, now up to 100 prole working
> there, with jillionaire backing, and I only hear about it today.
>
>  Any Neuralink hipsters among us?
>

> >…I would've applied to work there a while ago, if I wasn't focused on
> CubeCab.
>

> Ha!  That’s a flimsy excuse!  I can outdo it easily: I would’ve applied to
> work there a while ago, but was too busy not being smart enough!
>

> Oh wait… let’s see.  I was…um… too busy… with… volunteer work!  Ja that’s
> the ticket.  School volunteering, scouts, community service, that sorta
> thing, yep.
>

> Ah hell, no one is buying that.  I am far too not smart enough to do that
> kinda work by about pi orders of magnitude.  But I can sure cheer for
> Elon.  He has already done so much I admire, if I see him I will totally
> hug that man (in a totally sideways across the shoulders guy hug of course
> (but ya gotta love what his company did for this area (he is a well-loved
> figure around here.)))
>

> Adrian, stay on it, me lad.  If you can make CubeSat go, it will be wicked
> cool (and you can toss me down a sack of money from up there on top of your
> pile.)

I believe I have mentioned it before on this list, but the best near-term
chance to get CubeCab funded is if we can get enough orders for this mask
side venture.

Speaking of which - Bill, you've received that pre-production sample mask
by now, yes?  Could you tell the list if it's working for you?