[ExI] Dodged the bullet maybe

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 22:34:46 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020, 17:08 Keith Henson via extropy-chat <

> Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> Will, you are amplifying wild speculations.
>
> I would bet more than 1000 to one that this is a natural zoonosis
> emerging rather than an engineered virus.  There is no reason for the
> Chinese to release a virus on their own people.
>
> Keith

You should read the article.  It's by someone with pedigree and it is quite
comprehensive.  It uses standaed biological assessment techniques.  The
gist is, as Dylan said, that there is a strange portion of the genome which
may need explanation.  Biology is my wheelhouse.  If you read it and still
disagree, then we can talk.