[ExI] Mental Phenomena

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:00:28 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:37 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

*> Would I also be right in pointing out that you can't have "pure qualia"
> and that  the only way we can have knowledge of redness, is if we have
> something physical, that is the conscious knowledge of redness?*

You can't have knowledge of the red qualia unless you also have knowledge
of something that is not red, like white for example. So there is no such
thing as pure elemental redness. And you can't tell the difference,
objectively or subjectively, between red and white and black and white
unless you have knowledge of black. So there is no such thing as elemental
black-and-whiteness either. And you can't have knowledge of ANYTHING unless
you are using matter. And that's why I can't make heads or tails out of
Robot #3.

John K Clark