[ExI] Fwd: Fwd: Mental Phenomena

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 22:09:22 UTC 2020

Most everything you say is obviously true, but unrelated to what I’m trying
to talk about.  So, I don’t understand why you act as though I’m wrong, or
something.  I completely agree with you.  But just because some unrelated
things you change the topic to (“one more time”) are obviously true,
doesn't make the unrelated thing I am talking about wrong.

I’m not talking about what a one hemisphere brain can know after being
severed from the other hemisphere.  I’m talking about what a hemisphere can
know, when not severed.  Our visual knowledge is a composite qualitative
experience with half of the knowledge in one hemisphere and visa versa.
The knowledge in one hemisphere could be engineered to be red/green
inverted from the other.  Whether or not this had been done, both
hemispheres could know what red is like for both hemispheres with
unmistakable surety.  This computational binding, enabling you to
directly experience
all of the knowledge, as one composite conscious experience, is
mechanically enabled via the 300 or so million neurons that are the corpus
callosum.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 4:12 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <