[ExI] Possible seat of consciousness found

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 00:05:46 UTC 2020

Hi William,
My simple claim is that we currently have a less than rigorous (Naive and
mistaken) epistemology of color.
I'm trying to point out the problems in that naive model, using easy,
simply, demonstrations of known facts about perception of color.
It's not complicated stuff.  Nobody needs to provide any references to any
papers (whether philosophy 101 or more advanced), It's just simple solid
and rigorous thinking about colors of things.
We are creating a video <https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness/>
attempting
to make these simple facts of color more clear.
The natural thing to do is to map what I am trying to say, (and everything
in this video) into your model.  I completely agree that what you say is
true, given this naive model.
What is frustrating to me, is nobody attempts to understand my model, and
nobody is attempting to understand what I'm trying to say.
You guys just continue to take what I'm saying, using the same mistaken
epistemology (such as the strawberry just 'seems' green)  you've used your
entire life about what color something is.
I bet if You, Stathis, John, and everyone, would make an attempt to
understand, and prove you understand my model by repeating it back to me
(the way I am doing with your models), things would make a lot more sense
to all of you.
Once you understand it, maybe you'll find faults with it.  That wold be
great.  But at least make an attempt to understand a different model of
what color something is, and try thinking from within that model.
Don't just continue to ignore the fact that I"m trying to describe a
different model, and map my words into your model, in which of course they
are going to be incorrect ir just nonsense.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 4:34 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <