[ExI] Book review - Hate Inc. Why Today’s Media Makes Us Despise One Another by Matt Taibbi

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 2 17:52:53 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Book review - Hate Inc. Why Today’s Media Makes Us Despise One Another by Matt Taibbi

can still teach us something useful and interesting, such as historical fiction.  spike

Are you talking about something like Downtown Abbey?  My wife loved it.  bill w

Ja kinda like that.  I liked Downton Abbey too, up until they let Anna Smith Bates get raped.  Oh that bastard, I wanted to kill Mr. Green and severely scold the reprehensible ass who wrote that script.  We loved Anna with all our hearts, then to let something bad happen to her, unacceptable!  I chose to brutally not watch the show any more.

Those were highly educational however, and I liked them, right up until episode 2 of season 4.  I have read ahead and learned that things turn out OK for Anna and Mr. Bates, so I might go view the rest of them and the recently-released movie.

I want movies or even short-format videos (to match our shortened attention spans in the internet age) with a positive message.  Here’s a 12 minute example written by my colleague’s son when he was a student at UCLA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9cKFiCrSU

Kurt Kuenne saw the future.