[ExI] Book review - Hate Inc. Why Today’s Media Makes Us Despise One Another by Matt Taibbi

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 2 19:00:38 UTC 2020

>> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Book review - Hate Inc. Why Today’s Media Makes Us Despise One Another by Matt Taibbi

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 8:06 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Perhaps what I am thinking about is more movies like Chariots of Fire (oh that one is so good.)  And The Truman Show.

I wonder, would any major studio produce a film based on shadow people promulgating these ten rules, and an enlightened few who try to fight them?

That would seem to be an effective way to get the public educated about resisting these specific manipulations.

Perhaps not.  The videos would need to be low budget.  If you viewed Rent-A-Person, that was made for a few thousand bucks.  The guy who made it used his friends and college roommate to act the parts.  His father is the banker you see shaking the rising business-startup guy’s hand.  His roommate is the photographer at the end of the story.

These kinds of productions would be in competition with the mainstream Hollyweird nonsense.

It is said that art imitates life.  Kurt Kuenne’s works Rent-A-Person and Validation are the artworks that imitate the life I live.  None of the Hollyweird films describe even slightly anything I know.