[ExI] Molecular Materialism

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Jan 3 03:31:06 UTC 2020

Quoting Mike Dougherty:

>    ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Mike Dougherty via
> extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>To: ExI chat list
> <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>Cc: Mike Dougherty
> <msd001 at gmail.com>Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 06:08:55 PM
> PSTSubject: Re: [ExI] Molecular Materialism
>  On Thu, Jan 2, 2020, 6:59 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat
>
>> Here is where my new physics that I call Synergic Systems Theory comes
>> in: As the number of components of a system increases, more of the
>> information about the system is embodied by the relationships between
>> components than by the components themselves. Those relationships
>> readily change in complex systems thereby providing a plethora of
>> microstates that can, and are, used for computation.
>
> Have you published anything on this yet?

No, I have not. I am so far outside of academic circles that I am not
sure what my option of venues to publish in were so I have been aiming
for writing a popular science book which I am nowhere near finished
with.

> I was thinking this today.  Specifically,  where do thoughts cover
> from? And idea of surplus precision or unobserved interactions could
> act as generators for information that influence larger parts of the
> network...
> You probably have collected various examples already if you've been
> thinking of it for a while?

Yes, I have and also derived math that connects the examples into a
coherent theory. If you have been working on this topic too, then I am
open to collaboration and coauthoring. Especially if you are
affiliated with a university or something, that would be a big help in
getting it published.

Stuart LaForge