[ExI] your big chance

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Jan 6 18:02:03 UTC 2020

On Mon, January 6, 2020 11:30, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> I can't call myself a libertarian because I am in favor of some social
> programs.  I can't call myself a liberal because some of you think that
> liberals are for suppression/banning of hate speech, setting up
> safe zones where certain things may not be said, and are opposed to
> vaccines.  I am actually conservative on some issues.
>
> So - your big chance - what should I call myself?  What should you call
> me?

Well now... You can call yourself whatever you want. Personally, I'd call
you bill w.  :D

Aside from that, why do you want to pigeonhole yourself?    Are you
thinking to vote some straight-party ticket, and need to know what box to
check?

I'm beginning to see this pigeonholing thing as detrimental.   It can
become tribe-making, an us-vs-them.  We've too much of that right now in
the USA, IMHO.

Most people are conglomerates of beliefs.  Everyone has an individual
viewpoint which will skew what they see, what they think, and what they
decide.

Regards,
MB