[ExI] your big chance

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:25:22 UTC 2020

You are truly right, except that I am also a contrarian, so you have to be
wrong.  About what I'll figure out later.  I just don't want assumptions
made about me that pigeonhole me.

So you meet someone and segue into politics.  The other person says
something along of the lines of 'just what are you?'  So you want me to
launch into a dissertation of all my views and nuances thereof, which would
take quite a while, since my view on abortion may seem at odds with my
views on the economy or the military or or or.  ???

Some people, and not to summarily exclude anyone on this list, will
pigeonhole you just knowing one view of yours.  I hope nobody on the list
is that stupid, but many people are, I am afraid.

May I suggest that we just stop using liberal or conservative or any other
label?  Because for some of us on the list any statement with those words
is likely not to fit.  It will be hard to do.  People against vaccines
arouse a tendency in me to generalize and call them morons who don't hold a
single correct view on anything.  The tendency to generalize is very hard
to resist since that is the way our brains work.

bill w

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 12:12 PM MB via extropy-chat <