[ExI] you'll never see this again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:18:27 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:03 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> >> "*Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy --
>> the Territory of Hawaii was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and
>> air forces of the Empire of Japan. I'm sure I speak for all Americans when
>> I say I wish the Hawaiians the very best of luck in the difficult struggle
>> they have before them.*"
>

> > Ja.  Do you see the difference between a military attack by a foreign
> military and an attack by a virus?

No.

*> To do what it sounds like you expect would require POTUS to assume
> dictatorial powers, which POTUS cannot legally do.*

Japan, South Korea, Germany, Australia , New Zealand, Canada and many other
countries managed to do what needed to be done and none of them have a
dictator but they all had something the US disn't have, a leader who was
not an imbecile.

John K Clark