[ExI] lag time

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 17:52:31 UTC 2020

I wonder if someone could get ahold of cell phone use data.  I suspect that
many of those kids are sending/receiving dozens, even hundreds of texts a
day to experience the 'touch' of other kids.  ("Reach out and touch
someone." was a great advertising idea)

As for the kids in bars and dance halls (there's an old phrase) you have to
wonder if they have seen the news about the virus affecting nearly everyone
at some bar or family reunion (one boy had it and gave it to 18 of his
relatives).  Maybe they have, and still have the 'can't happen to me - I am
invincible' type of youngster.

Spike - keep 'em out. Save lives.  A few will take the virus home and kill
older relatives - absolutely no doubt of this.  There is NO critical period
in youth where they have to learn social skills or they never will learn
them.  It may be nerve-wracking to them, but they will survive - esp if
they have cell phones.  (not contradicting you here, Henry).

In less serious news. MIssissippi's governor signed a bill to make the
whole state wet, validating the amendment (still local option, though -
have to vote to get wet;  but at least they can)
 bill w

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 12:34 PM Henry Rivera via extropy-chat <