[ExI] ep thought experiment

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:54:29 UTC 2020

There's a whole host of things I would change before I would change
anything sexual.  Some of you regard emotion as a stumbling block to
reason, so if we could just contain our emotions, note them but not be
driven by them, humans would be better off.  I disagree, but clearly there
are times when emotions drive us to very irrational behaviors we wish we
had not done.  We have little emotional control even as adults.  Anger can
take over completely.  So can fear even if it is totally irrational to fear
whatever it is.  But good emotions are the spice of life.

Spike, how about this:  we change human sexual drives to be like estrus:
if the female is not in estrus the male is not interested.  So the female
in estrus is the sole sexual stimulant.  Unless they make a smell-o-vision,
that will eliminate time spent on looking at naked women and all that.
Estrus will be kept in check by pills, so that a woman might go years
without going into estrus and not missing a thing.  Something like this?
bill w

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:21 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <