[ExI] Sweden

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:05:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> There’s no point in blaming the governor: no matter what he did, there
> would be suffering.  Other than President Xi, I don’t see any clear fault.
> He was a bastard for trying to cover it up as long as he could, giving it a
> chance to escape and infect the entire planet.  Other than him, I don’t
> really see any spectacular failures.
>

> spike

I agree with everything you wrote with one addition.  Beyond Xi, I lay full
blame at the feet of the WHO.  Not only were they complicit with China,
they actively engaged in the cover up while extolling the virtues of
China's response.  The current head of the WHO makes a mockery of the
organization.  His previous accomplishments include allegedly covering up
cholera outbreaks in Eithiopia
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/health/candidate-who-director-general-ethiopia-cholera-outbreaks.html
so
I'm not surprised how well he did working with the Chinese on theirs.

Additionally, the WHO will not even acknowledge that Taiwan exists as a
free sovereignty.

Personally, I'm glad we're in the process of leaving the WHO.  The money
saved can be better spent somewhere else.