[ExI] riots, was: RE: Is a copy of you really you?

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:53:23 UTC 2020

Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> This means we are not 1/17th of the way to herd immunity. Most likely we
are at least 1/3 there as a country, maybe even 2/3, and NY is almost at
herd immunity level now (see their curve of new cases).

If the death rate to date stays the same, the US will see another
~200,000 deaths if your 1/3rd number is correct, another ~100,000 if
2/3rds is correct.  I don't find either of those numbers comforting,
but they are less terrifying than the worst case.

snip

> It's also useful to remember that between 40 and 80% of C-19 deaths occur
in nursing homes. If you are not in a nursing home, your risk is much
lower, even if elderly.

There are two factors here.  First is getting infected which has been
high for nursing homes (similar to ships), and second if you do get
it, dying.  I have not seen this sorted out.

Keith