[ExI] Jimmy 'the Greek' Snyder

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:52:35 UTC 2020

The last thing we need is people who go out and try to be heroes.  And I
doubt you'd get any volunteers to police Harlem.  You are right about high
speed chases, but calling ahead and putting down tire destroyers (or
whatever they are called) does work.  I think that volunteers could easily
be added to neighborhoods - unarmed, strolling around saying Hi to people
and getting to know them, wearing a badge but no uniform or other
equipment.  These volunteers could get to know the criminals, the places
too easy to rob, and so on.  But I cannot see relying on them alone.
Maybeyou could put a volunteer together with a cop in a patrol car.
Sometimes you need two people in the cop car, but they don't have to both
be cops.  Someone to call 'officer in trouble' would come in handy.

bill w

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:31 AM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <