[ExI] Protest

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:29:00 UTC 2020

Regarding Trump, I think the problem is and remains similar to an observation Hunter S. Thompson made with regard to Nixon:

'The slow-rising central horror of "Watergate" is not that it might grind down to the reluctant impeachment of a vengeful thug of a president whose entire political career has been a monument to the same kind of cheap shots and treachery he finally got nailed for, but that we might somehow fail to learn something from it.'

Naturally, as a libertarian, the chief lesson should be not to have political authority at all. Or for those who can't embrace the idea because of lack of imagination or psychological blinders: to severely limit political authority. (The latter is at best a holding operation as any concentration of political power tends to grow over time simply because crises and emergencies will arise and people will forget what happened the last time around. Especially those who claim to love liberty will be susceptible to increasing/concentrating political authority because they'll imagine somehow they're like doctors who can't get sick.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst