[ExI] Protest

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 02:33:12 UTC 2020

On Jun 12, 2020, at 6:45 PM, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> Racism has been cutting lives short for over a century.  adrian
>
> How about ever since different races appeared?  I keep saying that racism, sexism and some other isms are perfectly normal; expected.  It would be astonishing if they weren't bases for discrimination (not prejudice - we in the South know blacks quite well and are not prejudiced.  Discriminatory, of course.)
>
> bill w

Not really. If you go back far enough, yeah, people do discriminate, but it’s along different lines. For instance, recall the piece I sent citing Bacon’s Rebellion. That was mostly a class rebellion but the authorities managed to drive a wedge between lower class Whites and Blacks. This meant that before the rebellion Blacks and Whites were working together against the upper class.

Of course, if meant when modern racial classifications took root, okay, but those were fairly recent. They start in the modern period and particularly pick up steam in the late 18th century. They don’t go back to prehistory or even ancient times.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst