[ExI] police

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 17 20:27:48 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

 <http://www.clrc.ca.gov/pub/2001/MM01-09.pdf> http://www.clrc.ca.gov/pub/2001/MM01-09.pdf

>…Is this mistaken? Or is there some official local title in your area of constable?

Thanks for the article Dan.  We use the term to mean the city law enforcement who go about under flashing lights, as opposed to the office guys, the detectives, the ranking officials in the local PD: constables are the line-level guys we see enough to recognize their faces.  In some cases we know their names.

I am fortunate to live in a community which is on good terms with our law enforcement.  It is said to be the first city in California to require a 4 year college degree as a requirement to be a police officer.

>…You also keep using the term bride also to mean wife, I presume. Or is your marriage to her quite recent? I mean recent as a week ago or less… Dan

I did use that term when we had been wed a week or less.  I just never gave it up.  We recently celebrated 36 years of wedded bliss.  She is still my bride, I am still her dedicated manservant, catering to her every wish, fulfilling her every random whim.  She doesn’t mind my referring to her as my bride.  I don’t mind her referring to me as her sex slave.

Eh, the proles who hang out here know me.  I figure we are all among friends here.